Facebook is a wonderful and most importantly, free tool for Online Marketing. Anyone is able to set up a Facebook page and it really is simple to do. Social media is playing a big part within Digital Marketing these days, so much so that it can’t be ignored. You can also get some free tools which can help you manage your social media content such as Hootsuite.
How to set up a Facebook Page
First things first, before you set up your Facebook page, you must already have your own personal Facebook account. Pages need to be connected to at least one personal Facebook account at all times.
- Sign into your Facebook account and click ‘Home’ from the top menu.
- On the left hand side you will see a heading ‘Pages’ underneath this you should see the link ‘Create Page’. Then choose the type of page you would like to create for example, if you are creating it for a Product choose ‘Brand or Product’.
- Then choose the category which best fits your product and give the page a name. Please note you can only change your name once so it’s best to get it right first time.
- You will then be asked to add a Profile Picture and other various basic settings to your page, just as you did when you set up your private profile (I know it was probably a while ago).
- You should now have created a new Facebook page with all the basic settings filled out such as Profile Picture, Cover Photo and Page Bio.
You should now have a Facebook page created. Go ahead and give it a like and invite all your friends to join the page and start to build up your following to promote your product or service.