Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the organic approach of getting your website listed on the search engine result pages (SERPs).
SEO drives traffic to your website using over 200 algorithms to rank your site on search engines such as Google and Bing. SEO is vital when it comes to any online business success.
These factors collectively make up your position within the SERPs, meaning the more effort you put into your SEO the more you’ll start to get ranked for multiple keywords which people are searching for, ultimately driving more traffic to your website.
Your website rank is comprised of on and off-the-page-factors and include everything on your website from the quality of the content itself to how well your website is coded.
When it comes to content, Google is very much about quality over quantity.
ON & OFF PAGE SEO
The main benefit of SEO is getting your website in front of your competitors. So, the consumer clicks on your website before your opposition.
If you think about it when you search for something on Google do you even visit page 2, 3 or even 4+?
Not a lot of people do. With carefully planned and structured SEO plan you can ensure your website displays on the first page of Google for a vast range of keywords.
Which means, the more optimised your website is the higher you should rank within search engines.
- It's free to advertise and display websites on search engines. It takes time and knowledge to do so but reputable people with these skills can get you ranking for specific search terms on search engines.
- You gain more potential business spending time on investing in SEO. It does take time to get your site properly acknowledged by Google and other search engines but when you do you'll reap the benefits.
- You’ll build trust and credibility with the top search engines. Not only with the search engines, but even with potential customers who are searching for businesses like yours of which they will discover you in the SERPs.
- SEO takes time and shouldn’t be considered as an easy, quick solution to digital marketing. If you are looking for a quick way to get visitors to your site, you should consider looking into Pay Per Click services.
- Competitors may take notice of your rise and might take action to invest in SEO for themselves. Although if you get to this point, it's really a good thing as your doing something right and should contiune the path of SEO.
- Be vigilant on who you choose to do your SEO – unethical and black hat SEO will be penalised for breaking guidelines and cutting corners. As such it will eventually have a negative affect on your website and it’s positioning within the search engine result pages (SERPs).