We recently got asked how easy it was to create a free WordPress website which leads me to this post. Creating a website isn’t difficult and can be done by anyone with an internet connection and laptop. You don’t even have to know any coding languages these days to build a website. If you are looking to build a website for your personal use or for your business then you’re in the right hands as I will show you exactly how to do just that.
In this blog post I will show you how to create your first website using WordPress. WordPress is a great content management system (CMS) which allows you to login and amend or create content as and when you want to. This means you don’t have to keep paying a developer to upload your content to your own website. You can do it with ease and with no reoccurring cost. WordPress Fact: WordPress powers 25% of the internet*
* Statistic from WordPress.com
How to create a free WordPress website
Firstly, you will have to visit the WordPress website. Here you will find more information on WordPress and get to understand its capabilities. Follow these simple steps to get your website online with WordPress.
1. Visit WordPress.com and click ‘Create Website’. You will then be able to choose a theme for your website or blog with the ones displayed on screen. Don’t worry; you will be able to change this at a later date.
2. You will then be able to select your chosen sub domain name e.g. mynewsite.wordpress.com. You can change this at a later date to a root domain name for example www.mydomain.co.uk
3. Next click on ‘Select Free Plan’. Then type your email address, username and password in the next screen. Then click ‘Create My Account’.
4. WordPress will now build your website to your required specification, including installing the theme you choose. You can view it by entering the domain you choose e.g. mywebsite.wordpress.com.
5. You can now login to your website by visiting mydomian.wordpress.com/wp-admin, entering your username and password. Alternately, you will be able to visit WordPress.com website and login.